Flexible Thermal Night Vision For Any Vessel
If you want to scare yourself, take your boat out on a cloudy, moonless night. With no horizon, no landmarks – navigating through dangerous waters like Georgian Bay can be stressful. Introducing the First Mate thermal night vision camera by FLIR, that comes with everything you need to boat with confidence, 24-hours a day, including:
• Switch between White Hot, Black Hot, and Marine Red Image Presentation Modes
• On-Screen Symbology
• An Optional 2× Lens Extender For Improved Long-Range Imaging Performance
Advanced configurations are also available for those needing added functionality and
• 2× E-Zoom
• Still Image Storage
• Video Capture and Storage
• Improved Environmental Survivability
First Mate and First Mate MS (Marine Scope) give you the power to see at night like never before, and for less money than you can imagine. Whether you’re on a yacht, recreational powerboat, fishing boat, sailboat, or anything in between, you’ll be able to see clearly in total darkness. Any chartplotter with video input can utilize this technology on screen. This way you can view your thermal night vision camera on your chartplotter!
First Mate gives you the power to see more – and to see farther:
• See clearly in total darkness – First Mate requires no light at all
• See logs, rocks, land, and other hazards that radar can miss better than ever
• Boat with confidence at night knowing that you can see harbor entrances, navigational aids and channels better in total darkness
• FLIR’s award-winning maritime thermal night vision technology in the palm of your hand – lightweight and portable
First Mate cameras can help you see people in the water better than any other night vision technology. Finding someone in the water after dark with a searchlight is more a matter of luck than skill, but First Mate lets you search large areas quickly.
Bottom line: There is no better tool around to help you find a person in the water.
First Mate thermal night vision cameras create pictures by detecting and displaying tiny differences in heat, not light. Even the friction from a person’s finger, and the heat from a hand on a wall leaves enough thermal energy behind to show up clearly to the First Mate. Everything generates thermal energy, even ice! And even though thermal energy is invisible to the naked eye, First Mate thermal night vision cameras can detect it and turn it into a video image that is easy to understand, allowing you to see what your naked eyes can’t see. Using the same technology as FLIR’s best-in-class Navigator II, Voyager, and M-Series thermal night vision systems, First Mate gives you the information to help you see at night and stay safe. Just think of the possibilities away from the boat! These small, lightweight portable cameras come in a great carrying case that can be used year round. I’m looking forward to using our new MS 324 early this season and will report my experiences in a future blog.