Icom has released a sneak preview of their new ID-4100A Dual band D-Star transceiver.
Some cool new features (see the image below) are coming soon.
Bluetooth option, D-Star Repeater mode, and Terminal and access point mode, are just a few of the exciting capabilities.
No pricing yet, but we will be carrying this new D-Star mobile when it becomes available.
RadioWorld is pleased to announce the availability of PRYMEBLU wireless Bluetooth adapters for Amateur Radio and commercial radio use! These adapters are available for both mobile and handheld VHF / UHF radios. With a bluetooth connection to your amateur radio gear you can enhance your driving safety.
Here are the Features:
• PRYMEBLU allows you to use a wireless Bluetooth headset with your two-way radio in place of a speaker microphone or wired audio accessory.
• PRYMEBLU adapters are compatible with thousands of readily available Bluetooth headsets and other audio accessories. (Bluetooth headset not included.)
• The pairing process is simple. PRYMEBLU remembers paired connection to the wireless headset even if powered off or removed from the 2-way radio.
• There are several Push-To-Talk options: use the PTT button on the PRYMEBLU adapter to initiate transmissions, use the optional PRYMEBLU wireless Push-to-Talk
or use an optional PRYME QuickDisconnect wired audio accessory such as the PTT-5. (Optional accessories are sold separately.)
• Most (multi pin connector) PRYMEBLU models are powered by the radio and do not require any batteries or charging. Simple pin models have an internal Li-Ion battery pack and must be recharged between uses. Mobile models plug into your vehicle’s accessory socket.
• You can enhance your PRYMEBLU with an optional wired PRYME QuickDisconnect earphone or audio accessory for additional privacy. (Optional accessories are sold separately.)
• PRYMEBLU’s patented “Smart Switch” feature automatically routes RX and TX audio to the appropriate wireless or wired audio accessory depending on what accessories are connected to the PRYMEBLU Adapter. When no audio accessories are connected, audio is routed to the radio’s internal speaker and microphone. The smart switch feature not available on the BT-583 model.)
• PRYMEBLU adapters have a status LED to indicate connection to a compatible wireless accessory.
To see the PRYMEBLU adapters and try them out, visit us at Radioworld.